The Legislative Record
Environment and the 106th Congress
This February 2001 report analyzes major environmental legislative activity in the 106th Congress and evaluates progress by subject area. The report concludes that the environmental legacy of the 106th Congress lies largely in its failure to take any meaningful action to protect public health and the environment.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Air, Energy & Global Warming
Chapter 2: Water, Coastal & Marine Resources
Chapter 3: Public Lands
Chapter 4: Health & Nuclear Safety
Chapter 5: Assaults On Our Regulatory Process
Chapter 6: Takings
Report Credits and Acknowledgments
Appendix A: Fiscal Year 2001 Budget Riders Chart (print only)
Appendix B: Riders Stopped By President Clinton (print only)
Appendix C: Riders Stopped by President Clinton Through Presidential Veto or Threat of Veto
For printed copies of this report, see our Publications List.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Oh, The Places You Won't Go: House Drops Housing + Transportation Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/31/13
- Botching the Budget, Ignoring the Infrastructure Debt
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 6/28/13
- Capturing the Value of Public Transportation
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/21/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.