Democracy in Action: The Energy Permitting Process Under NEPA
Testimony of NRDC senior attorney Sharon Buccino at hearing on permitting of energy projects, Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, May 25, 2005.
As energy development explodes across the West, the National Environmental Policy Act gives communities a say in how and where the development occurs. NEPA ensures that public funds and public resources are managed through a public process, and it is needed now more than ever.
Adobe Acrobat file (size: 160 k)
Click here if you need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader (free)
Related NRDC Pages
Defending NEPA from Assault
last revised 5.24.05
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Climate polluter minority interests find tough sledding against the rise of clean energy bipartisan majorities in the states
- posted by Pierre Bull, 2/7/14
- Oh, The Places You Won't Go: House Drops Housing + Transportation Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/31/13
- Botching the Budget, Ignoring the Infrastructure Debt
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 6/28/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.