Democracy in Action: The Energy Permitting Process Under NEPA
Testimony of NRDC senior attorney Sharon Buccino at hearing on permitting of energy projects, Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, May 25, 2005.
As energy development explodes across the West, the National Environmental Policy Act gives communities a say in how and where the development occurs. NEPA ensures that public funds and public resources are managed through a public process, and it is needed now more than ever.
Adobe Acrobat file (size: 160 k)
Click here if you need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader (free)
Related NRDC Pages
Defending NEPA from Assault
last revised 5.24.05
Get Updates and Alerts
- Vetoing Bill, Governor Brown Calls for Stronger Medicine to Curb Antibiotic Resistance
- posted by Jonathan Kaplan, 9/30/14
- California Legislative Session Ends with Big Wins for Our Health and Environment
- posted by Victoria Rome, 9/17/14
- Climate polluter minority interests find tough sledding against the rise of clean energy bipartisan majorities in the states
- posted by Pierre Bull, 2/7/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.