Smarter Living: Recipes
146 Highland Terrace Punch
Photo: Darwin Bell
146 Highland Terrace Punch was created by John Hogan, cocktail consultant, Las Vegas and the recipe has been adapted from Organic Shaken and Stirred, by Paul Abercrombie
Makes 7-8 drinks
- One 750-milliliter bottle cachaça
- 16 ounces water
- 8 ounces pineapple-infused organic simple syrup (recipe below)
- Half of an organic pineapple, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 quart organic kumquats, halved (do not peel)
- 10 organic cherries (pitted, if you prefer)
- 8 sprigs organic lavender
- 8 organic lemon verbena leaves
- In a large pitcher, combine all of the ingredients, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve by pouring the punch over ice cubes into rocks glasses.
Pineapple-infused Organic Simple Syrup
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 8 ounces water
- Several chunks organic pineapple, peeled
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add pineapple and let infuse overnight in the refrigerator. Strain and store in an airtight container.
- The syrup will keep in the refrigerator for one month.
last revised 8/10/2011