Smarter Living: Recipes
Baby Bok Choy with Lemon Sauce
This Asian-inspired side dish is easy to make and sure to please!
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Pre-heat the grill to medium high. In a small saucepan, whisk together the lemon juice, miso, garlic, and 1/4 cup of water. Place on the stovetop over low heat and cook until steaming.
- Place 2 tablespoons water in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid and add the cornstarch. Cover tightly and shake to dissolve.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until thickened, about 1 minute. (Do not overcook it or it will get gummy.)
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside in a warm spot.
- Rinse the bok choy and shake to remove some of the water. Cut any large heads in half lengthwise.
- Place the bok choy in a plastic bag and drizzle with the sesame oil. Twist the bag to seal, allowing some air to remain in the bag. Toss gently to coat the bok choy evenly.
- Place the bok choy on the grill and grill for 3 to 5 minutes, turning frequently, until the leaves are limp and slightly charred. Remove the bok choy from the grill and place on a serving platter.
- Drizzle with the sauce and serve immediately.
last revised 8/10/2011