Smarter Living: Recipes
Curried Sweet Potato and Tempeh Stew
Try this rich, flavorful stew for your next dinner entrée!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tbsps curry powder
- 4 leeks, white part only, washed and cut into half moons
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 â€“inch dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable or organic chicken stock
- 1 8-ounce block soy tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 ounces spinach leaves
- 1/4 to a 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Heat olive oil in heavy bottomed pot, add curry powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add leeks, sweet potatoes, garlic, salt and stock and cook for 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add tempeh and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove from heat, and add coconut milk to taste, adjust seasonings and serve.
last revised 8/10/2011