Smarter Living: Recipes
Fresh Beet and Carrot Salad with Mint
photo: knitting iris/Flickr
This is a simple dish for a hot summer night when you don't want to turn on the oven or stove to cook the beets!
- 1 bunch beets
- 8 small baby carrots or 3 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- Juice from half a lime
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Remove the leaves from the beets and store for use in another dish.
2. Wash the beets and carrots, and cut off the root and stem ends. (You do not need to peel the beets or carrots if you are using young vegetables.)
4. Using a box grater, grate the beets and carrots into a medium bowl.
5. Add the fresh mint and lime juice to the bowl.
6. Toss to combine.
7. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
last revised 8/9/2011