Smarter Living: Recipes
Asparagus, Mango and Shitake Mushroom Rice Paper Rolls
Quick, Healthy Lunchtime Recipe
These deliciously light and tangy rice paper rolls are perfect for spring, whether you're entertaining or need a new lunch idea for the office. College student or wage slave, we can all use delicious lunch ideas that are easy on your waistline and your wallet. These are great for a light picnic lunch as well! Feel free to play around with the ingredients depending on your preferences and/or whatever you have in the fridge.
Prep time: 8 mins. – Calories: 300 – Cost: $6
- 3 sheets of 8 inch circular rice paper (one sheet cut in half), soaked until soft
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (or handful) rice vermicelli noodles, soaked and steamed
- 1/2 green mango (fresh or dried), chopped finely
- 6 mint leaves
- 4 asparagus spears, cut in half and blanched
- 4 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp crushed peanuts
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
Makes 2 large rolls.
last revised 4/21/2011