Energy Smackdown Take our 12-step program to lower energy bills and a more comfortable home. Check it out now!
Eat Local Check out the fresh foods in season, try new recipes and find your closest farmers market.
Chemical Index Wondering if the bug spray under the sink is safe? Check up on toxic chemicals in our searchable database.
Smarter Living: Recipes
Photo: Amarand Agasi
- 15½-ounce can kidney beans or cannellini beans
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. minced onions
- 2 tsp. minced parsley
- Drain beans (reserving the liquid).
- Place the beans, vinegar, chili powder and cumin in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding reserved liquid as needed.
- Stir in the onions and parsley.
- Serve with whole wheat crackers or vegetable sticks.
last revised 8/9/2011