Energy Smackdown Take our 12-step program to lower energy bills and a more comfortable home. Check it out now!
Eat Local Check out the fresh foods in season, try new recipes and find your closest farmers market.
Chemical Index Wondering if the bug spray under the sink is safe? Check up on toxic chemicals in our searchable database.
Smarter Living: Recipes
Peach and Hickory Salad
photo: Nancy Lehrer/Flickr
A summer salad par excellence to save you from the swelter!
Makes 6 servings
- 1 small head baby chicory (frisée), torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced lengthwise
- One 1.5 ounce box golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 pound goat cheese, crumbled, for garnish
- 1/3 cup hazelnut oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chicory, peaches, raisins, and walnuts. Mix well.
- Just before serving, whisk the dressing ingredients together in a measuring cup or small bowl and pour over the salad.
- Toss to coat everything evenly.
- Distribute the salad equally among six salad plates.
- Garnish with the crumbled goat cheese and serve immediately.
last revised 8/10/2011