Smarter Living: Recipes
Peach and Hickory Salad
photo: Nancy Lehrer/Flickr
A summer salad par excellence to save you from the swelter!
Makes 6 servings
- 1 small head baby chicory (frisée), torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced lengthwise
- One 1.5 ounce box golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 pound goat cheese, crumbled, for garnish
- 1/3 cup hazelnut oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chicory, peaches, raisins, and walnuts. Mix well.
- Just before serving, whisk the dressing ingredients together in a measuring cup or small bowl and pour over the salad.
- Toss to coat everything evenly.
- Distribute the salad equally among six salad plates.
- Garnish with the crumbled goat cheese and serve immediately.
last revised 8/10/2011