Smarter Living: Recipes
photo: Marylise Doctrinal/Flickr
This classic French recipe is unbeatably healthy and incredibly simple to make!
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 bell peppers
- 1-2 zucchini
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- Dice the garlic, onion, eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy pot, add the diced vegetables (except for the tomatoes) plus salt and black pepper to taste and about 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft (should take around 20 minutes).
- Then add 2-3 tablespoons tomato paste and the diced tomatoes and cook covered for another 10 minutes or so.
- Serve over whole grain pasta and garnish with a spoonful of goat cheese.
last revised 8/9/2011