Smarter Living: Recipes
Rice and Berry Pudding
Photo: Stef Noble/Flickr
The following recipe was graciously provided by Alexandra Jamieson. A graduate of New York's Natural Gourmet Cookery School, Jamieson has worked in Italy, creating seasonal and vegan menus; as a pastry chef at New York's Other Foods; and as the vegetarian chef at Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang Camp. For more information, see healthychefalex.com.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup mixed berries
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼tsp. nutmeg
- 3 tsp. maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- ½ cup hot soy milk
- Divide brown rice and berries into two bowls.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and syrup.
- Pour the hot soy milk around the rice.
- If using leftover grain, warm the milk, syrup, spices and grain together over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Add berries before serving.
last revised 8/9/2011