Smarter Living: Recipes
Oregon Pink Shrimp with Organic Tequila Lime Sauce
From Acclaimed Chef Peter Pahk
Photo: California Living Primetime
This is a great recipe for mid-summer that looks fantastic. These colorful and fresh shrimp cocktails are from acclaimed chef Peter Pahk of Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Virginia (recipe originally seen on California Living Primetime).
(Serves 6 as an appetizer.)
- 1 pound cooked Oregon Pink Shrimp
- 1 cup each of Red Beet, Yellow Beet and Cucumber “Confetti”
- 1 cup chiffonade of romaine lettuce
- 6 Martini glasses
- 6 Sprigs each of dill and Italian Parsley
- 6 wedges of lime
For the Kefir Tequila and Lime Sauce
- 14 ounces plain kiefer or Greek Style Yogurt
- 2 ounces organic tequila
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1 ounce)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- To make the “Confetti” you can either user a turning machine (simply set up the radishes, peppers, etc. into the machine and crank away!) or use a peeler to make thin long strips of vegetables. This is one of the greatest ways you can “sneak” veggies into dishes.
- For the chiffonade of romaine you will need one head of just the heart of romaine lettuce. Starting from the stem end, slice as thin a ribbon of romaine that you can and repeat.
- To serve, place 1 ounce of romaine at the bottom of a martini glass. Hang a few strands of each kind of mixed veggie “Confetti” down the glass.
- Spoon about 2 ounces of the mixed Kefir Sauce on top of the lettuce and then add about 3 ounces of the Oregon Pink Shrimp on top. Garnish with the dill and parsley sprigs and lime wedge. To compliment the acid and salt balance of this dish try pairing it with a sparkling beverage of your choice and enjoy!
last revised 7/26/2011