Smarter Living: Recipes
Stir-Fried Collard Greens
A delicious (and nutrient-rich) accompaniment to Fried Tilapia. The recipe was provided by Will Allen, founder and CEO of the Growing Power National Training and Community Food Center in Milwaukee.
- 1 to 2 pounds collard greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or equal amounts butter and olive oil)
- Salt and pepper
- Thoroughly wash collard greens.
- Roll up greens and chop them.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add chopped greens. Add salt and pepper to taste (you can also add a little honey).
- Stir-fry for about 15 minutes (less if you prefer them crunchier).
last revised 8/9/2011