Smarter Living: Recipes
Quick, Healthy Lunchtime Recipe
This sweet, summery salsa will spice up your next Mexican meal and impress your friends as a great lunch on the go! Thanks to Linda Marie Libby, Executive Chef of the Porterhouse in West Seattle for this delicious recipe.
Photo: Greg Luke Smith
- 16 oz. diced strawberries (roughly 12-16 whole medium to large strawberries)
- 7 scallions
- 3 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 limes, juiced
- 4 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Sautee the garlic in one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until golden brown. (If you're rushing out the door in the morning, skip this step and add sprinkle the garlic in raw.)
- Combine all ingredients and stir well to fuse flavors.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving (perfect for sticking in the refrigerator at the office).
- Serve with quesadillas at dinner or with a small bag of tortilla chips for a lunch on the go.
last revised 4/19/2011