Protecting the environment of Greater New York
NRDC to New York: Restrict the State's Ivory Trade
With 30,000 elephants being poached every year, there is no time left to waste. States, and the federal government, need to act now to put a stop to this, and we’re counting on New York to lead the charge.
For more than three decades, NRDC has sought to advance environmental initiatives in and around New York City, the nation's most densely populated metropolitan region. Learn more about our six priority campaigns:
The NRDC New York team is composed of more than twenty lawyers, scientists, and policy experts who work on environmental issues in the region. Our goals are to protect greater New York's environment, advance NRDC's top priorities through local action, and use our advocacy successes as models for sustainability in urban areas around the country and world.
What You Can Do
Receive our E-Updates
NY Updates, Action Alerts, Newsletters
NY Blogs on
- Cool Infographic: The 5 Largest Transit Systems in the U.S.
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 8/27/14
- Winning the Future We Want And Need
- posted by Robert Friedman, 8/21/14
- New York City's History-Making Recycling Law Turns 25 Years Old (Part III)
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 8/12/14
- Governor Cuomo Shuts Down the Country's Biggest Ivory Market
- posted by Elly Pepper, 8/11/14
- New York City's History-Making Recycling Law Turns 25 Years Old (Part II)
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 8/5/14
- NRDCNY: #NYC's ambitious #climatechange plan shows we must do more now to stop carbon pollution: http://t.co/GzdEi5ARJa.
- NRDCNY: RT @NRDCFood: .@NRDC sues @US_FDA for failing (again) to disclose information about antibiotic resistance: http://t.co/d6XL37yCnI #antibiot…
- NRDCNY: RT @NRDC_AF: Americans waste 40% of our food. New study concludes stopping this would equate to taking 1/4 of cars off the road. http://t.c…