Protecting the environment of Greater New York
The Importance of Activism
NRDC New York's legislative director Richard Schrader discusses how environmental activists can make a huge difference in the outcome of legislation and policy.
Get involved today.
Our Professional Networks
New York Council
Founded in 2003, NRDC's New York Council is a volunteer group comprised of New Yorkers from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions who share a strong commitment to the environment and are dedicated to furthering NRDC's mission. Members support NRDC's work at the regional, national and international levels with a special focus on creating a cleaner, healthier New York.
Members join in exclusive educational opportunities led by NRDC scientists, attorneys, and policy experts to stay informed. Learn more about the benefits of joining or contact Shari Greenblatt for more information.
Environmental Entrepreneurs (E2) is a national community of individual business leaders who advocate for good environmental policy while building economic prosperity. Working with NRDC, E2 takes a reasoned, economically sound approach to environmental issues by relying on fact-based policy expertise. As the independent business voice in the environmental debate, E2 is effective and delivers results at both the state and national levels through its bipartisan efforts.
E2's New York chapter has over 100 members and has tackled such issues as clean vehicle incentives, tire efficiency, net metering for renewable energy, watershed protection and e-waste recycling.
What You Can Do
Receive our E-Updates
NY Updates, Action Alerts, Newsletters
NY Blogs on
- New York City's History-Making Recycling Law Turns 25 Years Old (Part I)
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 7/29/14
- State's Own Report Shows PA Flunking in Fracking Regulation, but Courts Continue to Keep State Out of Local Zoning
- posted by Daniel Raichel, 7/23/14
- Waste Less, Pollute Less: Using Urban Water Conservation to Advance Clean Water Act Compliance
- posted by Larry Levine, 7/23/14
- Obama Plan Helps Communities Prepare for Extreme Weather Brought on by Climate Change
- posted by Frances Beinecke, 7/17/14
- 2014 NY State Legislative Environmental Wrap-Up
- posted by Richard Schrader, 7/11/14