Protecting the environment of Greater New York
NEW YORK COUNCIL
Founded in 2003, NRDC’s New York Council is a volunteer group comprised of New Yorkers from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions who share a strong commitment to the environment and are dedicated to furthering NRDC’s mission. Members support NRDC’s work at the regional, national and international levels with a special focus on creating a cleaner, healthier New York.
Members join in exclusive educational opportunities led by NRDC scientists, attorneys and policy experts to stay informed on critical issues; participate in advocacy campaigns to advance NRDC’s policy goals; work to build awareness of critical environmental and health issues facing New Yorkers; and help raise funds for NRDC’s programs through events and other initiatives.
New York Council Membership Benefits
- Bi-monthly private New York Council meetings featuring briefings by NRDC leaders and senior staff on critical issues
- Invitations to exclusive educational and other limited ticket NRDC events
- Exclusive staff-led field trips providing first-hand experience of vital regional issues
- Listing of your name in NRDC's Annual Report
What You Can Do
Receive our E-Updates
NY Updates, Action Alerts, Newsletters
NY Blogs on
- Don't Mess With Dallas: City Passes One of the Strictest Gas Drilling Ordinances in Texas
- posted by Daniel Raichel, 12/17/13
- Skidmore College Brings on the Sun with New 2-Megawatt Solar Array
- posted by Kit Kennedy, 12/13/13
- Tell Governor Cuomo: Please Support Local Farms by Signing the State Metrics Bill!
- posted by Margaret Brown, 12/12/13
- CO Congressman Polis to Oil & Gas Industry: Please Stop Suing Our Towns
- posted by Daniel Raichel, 12/11/13
- Will Fairness Prevail in the South Bronx?
- posted by Johanna Dyer, 12/5/13
last revised 10/28/2010