Protecting the environment of Greater New York
NEW YORK COUNCIL
Founded in 2003, NRDC’s New York Council is a volunteer group comprised of New Yorkers from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions who share a strong commitment to the environment and are dedicated to furthering NRDC’s mission. Members support NRDC’s work at the regional, national and international levels with a special focus on creating a cleaner, healthier New York.
Members join in exclusive educational opportunities led by NRDC scientists, attorneys and policy experts to stay informed on critical issues; participate in advocacy campaigns to advance NRDC’s policy goals; work to build awareness of critical environmental and health issues facing New Yorkers; and help raise funds for NRDC’s programs through events and other initiatives.
New York Council Membership Benefits
- Bi-monthly private New York Council meetings featuring briefings by NRDC leaders and senior staff on critical issues
- Invitations to exclusive educational and other limited ticket NRDC events
- Exclusive staff-led field trips providing first-hand experience of vital regional issues
- Listing of your name in NRDC's Annual Report
What You Can Do
Receive our E-Updates
NY Updates, Action Alerts, Newsletters
NY Blogs on
- NY-Sun Helps Reduce Solar Prices By Supporting Collective Purchasing In New York
- posted by Kit Kennedy, 3/6/14
- Major Outpouring of Support for Solar in New York As Decision Now Rests with the State Public Service Commission
- posted by Pierre Bull, 3/4/14
- New York Bill Would Ban Elephant & Mammoth Ivory Sales!
- posted by Elly Pepper, 2/21/14
- New TX Air Quality Investigation Shows Wisdom in NY's Deliberative Approach to Fracking
- posted by Kate Sinding, 2/19/14
- NYC Mayor DeBlasio Names Emily Lloyd as New DEP Commissioner
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 2/18/14
last revised 10/28/2010