Protecting the environment of Greater New York
NEW YORK COUNCIL
Founded in 2003, NRDC’s New York Council is a volunteer group comprised of New Yorkers from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions who share a strong commitment to the environment and are dedicated to furthering NRDC’s mission. Members support NRDC’s work at the regional, national and international levels with a special focus on creating a cleaner, healthier New York.
Members join in exclusive educational opportunities led by NRDC scientists, attorneys and policy experts to stay informed on critical issues; participate in advocacy campaigns to advance NRDC’s policy goals; work to build awareness of critical environmental and health issues facing New Yorkers; and help raise funds for NRDC’s programs through events and other initiatives.
New York Council Membership Benefits
- Bi-monthly private New York Council meetings featuring briefings by NRDC leaders and senior staff on critical issues
- Invitations to exclusive educational and other limited ticket NRDC events
- Exclusive staff-led field trips providing first-hand experience of vital regional issues
- Listing of your name in NRDC's Annual Report
What You Can Do
Receive our E-Updates
NY Updates, Action Alerts, Newsletters
NY Blogs on
- Time for Trash Equity in New York City
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 10/14/14
- New poll: New Yorkers overwhelming support fracking moratorium - and clean energy
- posted by Kate Sinding, 10/7/14
- A Casino in a Forest? Why One New York Gaming Proposal Should Be Rejected
- posted by Daniel Raichel, 10/1/14
- We Came, We Marched, We Demanded Climate Action!
- posted by Tiffany Traynum, 9/30/14
- Time for GE to Give the Hudson an A-Level Cleanup
- posted by Peter Lehner, 9/30/14
last revised 10/28/2010