Protecting the environment of Greater New York
NEW YORK COUNCIL
Founded in 2003, NRDC’s New York Council is a volunteer group comprised of New Yorkers from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions who share a strong commitment to the environment and are dedicated to furthering NRDC’s mission. Members support NRDC’s work at the regional, national and international levels with a special focus on creating a cleaner, healthier New York.
Members join in exclusive educational opportunities led by NRDC scientists, attorneys and policy experts to stay informed on critical issues; participate in advocacy campaigns to advance NRDC’s policy goals; work to build awareness of critical environmental and health issues facing New Yorkers; and help raise funds for NRDC’s programs through events and other initiatives.
New York Council Membership Benefits
- Bi-monthly private New York Council meetings featuring briefings by NRDC leaders and senior staff on critical issues
- Invitations to exclusive educational and other limited ticket NRDC events
- Exclusive staff-led field trips providing first-hand experience of vital regional issues
- Listing of your name in NRDC's Annual Report
What You Can Do
Receive our E-Updates
NY Updates, Action Alerts, Newsletters
NY Blogs on
- PA Citizens Take Action into Their Own Hands as DEP Finally Comes Clean
- posted by Daniel Raichel, 9/4/14
- Cool Infographic: The 5 Largest Transit Systems in the U.S.
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 8/27/14
- Winning the Future We Want And Need
- posted by Robert Friedman, 8/21/14
- New York City's History-Making Recycling Law Turns 25 Years Old (Part III)
- posted by Eric Goldstein, 8/12/14
- Governor Cuomo Shuts Down the Country's Biggest Ivory Market
- posted by Elly Pepper, 8/11/14
last revised 10/28/2010