The Bush Administration's Misguided Quest for Low-Yield Nuclear Bunker Busters
The Bush administration is provoking a political confrontation over repealing an obscure restriction on nuclear weapons research and development that has been on the books for nearly a decade. Why? It wants to develop new low-yield nuclear weapons and improved nuclear earth-penetrating bombs to hit hardened and deeply buried targets.
In-Depth Analysis (549k pdf file)
Related NRDC Pages
The Bush Administration's Nuclear Weapons Policies
last revised 6.16.03
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 9/26/14
- Feeling a Cold War Chill over Ukraine
- posted by Matthew McKinzie, 7/23/14
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 6/22/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.