Simulating Nuclear Explosions under the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty
Top of Report
Christopher E. Paine
Matthew G. McKinzie
This brief report is the interim product of an ongoing research and litigation project at NRDC to explore the full implications of the U.S. Department of Energy's nuclear weapons "Stockpile Stewardship and Management Program" and ensure that it is conducted in full compliance with U.S. environmental laws, including the programmatic impact analysis requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act. While they are in no way responsible for the preparation of this report, we would like to acknowledge our co-plaintiffs, especially the Los Alamos Study Group, the Western States Legal Foundation, and Tri-Valley CARES, as well as our NRDC colleagues Thomas Cochran, Stan Norris, and Scoville Fellow Gaurav Kampani, for their contributions to our understanding of this controversial, complex, and secretive program.
NRDC's work on nuclear weapons issues is supported by grants from the W. Alton Jones Foundation, the HKH Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the John Merck Fund, the Ploughshares Fund, the Prospect Hill Foundation, and the Spanel Foundation.
Get Updates and Alerts
- China Environmental News Alert - April 24, 2015
- posted by NRDC China Team, 4/24/15
- CTBT ratification still uncertain after 15 years of advancement in nuclear test monitoring
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 11/21/14
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by NRDC China Team, 9/26/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- Working with the Department of Defense: Siting Renewable Energy Development Natural
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.