The Internet and the Bomb:
A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons
Table of Contents | Quick Guides | NRDC Nuclear Data | General Information | U.S. Executive Branch | U.S. Congress | International Governmental Organizations | Non-Govermental Organizations | Nuclear Weapons Issues
Since 1980 the Natural Resources Defense Council has sponsored the Nuclear Weapons Data Center. The purpose of the Center is to compile and disseminate accurate information on the world's nuclear forces in order to promote a more informed debate on nuclear weapons and arms control issues. The Center has published five volumes of its Databook series describing U.S., Soviet, British, French and Chinese nuclear arsenals, and the U.S. nuclear weapons production complex. Since May 1987, the Center staff has contributed the "NRDC Nuclear Notebook" column to The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
The authors would like to thank Thomas B. Cochran, Christopher E. Paine, David Culp, S. Jacob Scherr, Tanya Washington, Gaurav Kampani, Bill Christie, Wayne Nail and Sonah Allie for their assistance and encouragement in this project.
NRDC would like to thank the W. Alton Jones Foundation, Inc., the HKH Foundation, The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, The John Merck Fund, the Ploughshares Fund, The Prospect Hill Foundation, the Spanel Foundation, The Winston Foundation for World Peace, and an anonymous donor for their generous support of the Nuclear Program.
The Internet and the Bomb: A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons is written and maintained by William M. Arkin and Robert S. Norris. Any questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to the authors at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. This page was last updated 5/1/97
Get Updates and Alerts
- China Environmental News Alert - April 24, 2015
- posted by NRDC China Team, 4/24/15
- CTBT ratification still uncertain after 15 years of advancement in nuclear test monitoring
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 11/21/14
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by NRDC China Team, 9/26/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- Working with the Department of Defense: Siting Renewable Energy Development Natural
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.