The Internet and the Bomb:
A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons
Table of Contents | Quick Guides | NRDC Nuclear Data | General Information | U.S. Executive Branch | U.S. Congress | International Governmental Organizations | Non-Govermental Organizations | Nuclear Weapons Issues
CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INFORMATION
Government Information Clearinghouses
Federal Information Exchange (FIE)
Consortium for the dissemination of business and academic partnership opportunities. Excellent site for access to Department of Energy information and contracting data, particularly the Office of Nuclear Materials Disposition.
Government Information Exchange (GIX)
Established by the General Services Administration (GSA) to facilitate the sharing and dissemination of information resources among Federal, state, and local agencies. Contains links to homepages, databases and telephone directories.
Government Printing Office (GPO)
WAIS searchable database of legislative documents, including bill texts and Public Laws, committee reports and documents, the Congressional Record, the U.S. Code, the Federal Register, and GAO Reports. GPO Access can also be searched via Purdue University at http://thorplus.lib.purdue.edu:8100/gpo/.
GPO Pathway Services
Searchable index of federal government publications, data bases and web sites. Pathway pointers to browse topics such as arms control at http://www.access. gpo.gov/su_docs/dpos/topics/armscont.html .
Database of materials printed by the federal government, including public laws, Congressional reports, the U.S. Code and other recent (1993-present) publications.
Monthly Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
Searchable database of newly published government reports available through the Superintendent of Documents. Covers 1994-present.
National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Including a Guide to Federal Records, lists of record groups and references to recently declassified documents under EO 12958.
National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
The central repository of government technical reports, with a searchable index of publications at http://chaos.fedworld.gov/ordernow
NTIS U.S. Govt-Sponsored Research Database
FedWorld Electronic Marketplace (FedWorld)
Downloadable files on many subjects, including the environment, as well as descriptions of NTIS documents and data sets.
National Technology Transfer Center (NTTC)
Consortium for dissemination of government information on research and development opportunities. Maintains good government resources (links) by agency.
Directory of Federal Laboratories and Technologies Search
Searchable database of the NTTC bulletin board system and government research and development laboratories.
The Internet and the Bomb: A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons is written and maintained by William M. Arkin and Robert S. Norris. Any questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to the authors at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. This page was last updated 5/1/97
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 6/22/14
- Senate hearing on nuclear reactor decommissioning challenges
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 5/17/14
- A Citizen Radiation Monitoring Workshop at NRDC
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 4/25/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.