The Internet and the Bomb:
A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons
Table of Contents | Quick Guides | NRDC Nuclear Data | General Information | U.S. Executive Branch | U.S. Congress | International Governmental Organizations | Non-Govermental Organizations | Nuclear Weapons Issues
CHAPTER FIVE: NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS
More than 100 non-governmental organizations and a variety of industry and consulting contractors have web sites featuring organizational descriptions and biographies, as well as publications. Some of the better sites include extensive links as well as Internet resources. This section profiles the primary academic organizations, think tanks, advocacy groups, foundations and philanthropic funders, nuclear weapons contractors, scientific societies, and associations who regularly work on nuclear weapons issues. Major non-governmental commissions and reports dealing with nuclear weapons and arms control and disarmament policy are referred to in the Arms Control section under Chapter Six: Issues (below).
The non-profit ACCESS Clearinghouse maintains an extensive database of more than 2,400 organizations and individual experts in over 100 countries working in the broad fields of foreign policy, peace, and security. Their database can be accessed at http://mr900i.bso.com/~access/Welcome.html.
The Internet and the Bomb: A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons is written and maintained by William M. Arkin and Robert S. Norris. Any questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to the authors at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. This page was last updated 5/1/97
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Studying Severe Weather Impacts on U.S. Nuclear Plants
- posted by Corinne Hanson, 3/25/13
- Global Nuclear Reactor Database Developed by NRDC
- posted by Jordan Weaver, 3/15/13
- U.S. Nuclear Safety Progress Remains Sluggish Following Fukushima Disaster, Part I
- posted by Jordan Weaver, 3/12/13
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
- Post-Fukushima Hardened Vents with High-Capacity Filters for BWR Mark Is and Mark IIs
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.