The Internet and the Bomb:
A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons
Table of Contents | Quick Guides | NRDC Nuclear Data | General Information | U.S. Executive Branch | U.S. Congress | International Governmental Organizations | Non-Govermental Organizations | Nuclear Weapons Issues
CHAPTER FIVE: NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS
Military and Industry Associations
Air Force Association (AFA)
Calling themselves a "grassroots" organization, AFA is the major lobbying arm supporting the Air Force, with almost 200 corporate sponsors ("industrial associates"). Publishes "Air Force Magazine," with some features and articles online.
American Defense Preparedness Association (ADPA)/National Security Industrial Association (NSIA)
Represents over 900 company members, the "voice of the industrial base," and publishers of "National Defense." On 1 March 1997, ADPA merged with the National Security Industrial Association.
American Nuclear Society (ANS)
Includes some highlights of the monthly magazine "Nuclear News."
American Nuclear Society Student Branch, Air Force Institute of Technology
Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA)
Represents the communications, electronics, intelligence, and information systems community, with over 1000 corporate sponsors. Publishes "Signal" magazine, with a monthly Internet column.
Association of Air Force Missileers
Association of the United States Army (AUSA)
The major lobbying arm associated with the U.S. Army, and publishers of "Army Magazine."
European Nuclear Society (ENS)
Swiss-based, ENS is the pan-European federation of 24 nuclear societies from 22 countries, covering the nuclear industry.
The Navy League
The major lobbying arm associated with the maritime services (Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Merchant Marines), and publishers of "Seapower" magazine.
Surface Navy Association (SNA)
Specializes in promoting the role of surface naval forces, with online articles from the bimonthly "Surface Sitrep."
International industrial association promoting the peaceful uses of nuclear energy; the searchable site contains excellent links and news summaries.
The USAF Security Police Association
U.S. Naval Institute (USNI)
Excellent website of the Annapolis-based advocacy organization and publisher, including resources relating to "Proceedings," the monthly magazine; "Naval History" magazine, the Naval Institute Press, and a collection of ships and aircraft photographs.
The Internet and the Bomb: A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons is written and maintained by William M. Arkin and Robert S. Norris. Any questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to the authors at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. This page was last updated 5/1/97
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 9/26/14
- Feeling a Cold War Chill over Ukraine
- posted by Matthew McKinzie, 7/23/14
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 6/22/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.