The Internet and the Bomb:
A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons
Table of Contents | Quick Guides | NRDC Nuclear Data | General Information | U.S. Executive Branch | U.S. Congress | International Governmental Organizations | Non-Govermental Organizations | Nuclear Weapons Issues
CHAPTER THREE: UNITED STATES CONGRESS
Congressional Budget Office
CBO Reports and Studies ONLINE
Congressional Research Service
Note: The Congressional Research Service does not have a homepage, nor does it plan to put its reports on the Internet.
CRS Reports and Briefs on Environmental Issues
Searchable database of about 100 full-text CRS reports dealing with the environmental, agriculture and natural resources, placed by the Committee for the National Institute for the Environment, including:
- EURATOM and the United States: Renewing the Agreement for Nuclear Cooperation,
- High-Level Nuclear Waste Disposal -- A Fact Sheet,
- Nuclear Energy Policy,
- Nuclear Weapons Production Complex: Environmental Compliance and Waste Management,
- Privatizing the United States Enrichment Corporation.
General Accounting Office
The GAO conducts audits, surveys, investigations, and evaluations of federal programs. Their findings and recommendations are published as Reports to members of Congress or delivered as testimony to Congressional committees (see Appendix D).
The homepage includes pointers to full-text GAO reports, Comptroller General Decisions, and other GAO publications such as Congressional testimony. Appendix D is a listing of nuclear-related reports online.
Office of Technology Assessment
Abolished by Congress in September 1995 after 23 years of non-partisan analysis of technical issues, the publications archive, many dealing with nuclear weapons and arms control can be found at a Princeton University site (http://www.wws.princeton.edu/~ota) which organizes them by title, year, and topic.
The Internet and the Bomb: A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons is written and maintained by William M. Arkin and Robert S. Norris. Any questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to the authors at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. This page was last updated 5/1/97
Get Updates and Alerts
- China Environmental News Alert - April 24, 2015
- posted by NRDC China Team, 4/24/15
- CTBT ratification still uncertain after 15 years of advancement in nuclear test monitoring
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 11/21/14
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by NRDC China Team, 9/26/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- Working with the Department of Defense: Siting Renewable Energy Development Natural
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.