The Internet and the Bomb:
A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons
Table of Contents | Quick Guides | NRDC Nuclear Data | General Information | U.S. Executive Branch | U.S. Congress | International Governmental Organizations | Non-Govermental Organizations | Nuclear Weapons Issues
CHAPTER THREE: UNITED STATES CONGRESS
House and Senate Bills, Calendars, Documents, Reports, and the House Rules Manual (formerly Jefferson's Manual) are all available through http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aaces002.html. The annual appropriations and authorizations for nuclear weapons -- Defense Authorizations, Defense Appropriations, Energy and Water Development Appropriations -- are available online via GPO Access, together with special bills, such as the Defense America Act of 1996.
Congressional Reports and Public Laws
Senate, House and Executive Reports Search Engine
Full-text search of Senate Reports, House Reports and Executive Reports.
Committee Reports of the 104th Congress (1995-1996)
Federal Laws (Agency Order)
History of Bills and Resolutions
Legislation of the 105th Congress (1997-1998)
Legislation of the 104th Congress (1995-1996)
Legislation of the 103rd Congress (1993-1994)
United States Code
The U.S. Code is prepared and published by the Office of Law Revision Counsel, US House of Representitives. It is the codification of the general and permanent laws of the United States.
Text by Titles
US Code Via Cornell University
Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
The CFR is a codification of general and permanent rules published in the Federal Register by the executive departments and agencies of the Federal Government. Searchable databases via the House Internet Law Library, including U.S. regulations for nuclear materials protection.
Full-text via Counterpoint
The Congressional Record is the official record of the proceedings and debates of the U.S. Congress, published daily when Congress is in session. Searches of the Congressional Record (v. 141-present, 1995-) via GPO Access or Thomas cover full text of floor debates and extension of remarks, including texts of articles, letters, presentations submitted by members. A nuclear weapons subject index is available.
Extension of Remarks
Congressional Record Index
A publication of the Joint Committee on Printing, published biweekly when Congress is in session.
105th Congress - 1st Session (1997)
The Internet and the Bomb: A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons is written and maintained by William M. Arkin and Robert S. Norris. Any questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to the authors at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. This page was last updated 5/1/97
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 9/26/14
- Feeling a Cold War Chill over Ukraine
- posted by Matthew McKinzie, 7/23/14
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 6/22/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.