The Internet and the Bomb:
A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons
Table of Contents | Quick Guides | NRDC Nuclear Data | General Information | U.S. Executive Branch | U.S. Congress | International Governmental Organizations | Non-Govermental Organizations | Nuclear Weapons Issues
CHAPTER TWO: U.S. EXECUTIVE BRANCH ORGANIZATIONS
Department of State
Department of State Homepage
The newly designed homepage provides pointers to organizational information, press briefings, statements and testimony and can be searched at http://search.state.gov/eg.acgi . The Department of State Foreign Affairs Network (DOSFAN) Gopher site (gopher://dosfan.lib.uic.edu or http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu ) is an archive for materials 1993-present, and was created as a cooperative initiative with the University of Illinois at Chicago Library. It can be searched at gopher://gopher.state.gov:70/77Index or gopher://dosfan.lib.uic.edu:70/7A:Gopher:1:7.
Secretary of State Homepage
Searchable homepage of statements, testimony, and background.
Arms Control and Disarmament Agency
The ACDA homepage includes organizational information, biographies of key officials, and has extensive links to fact sheets and texts relating to arms control initiatives and obligations.
ACDA Annual Report, 1995
ACDA Activites and Arms Control Commissions in Geneva
From the Briefing Book on International Organizations published by USIA.
U.S. Information Agency
The agency explains and supports U.S. foreign policy through educational and cultural activities. USIA maintains over 200 posts in 140 countries where it is known as the U.S. Information Service (USIS).
Voice of America (VOA)
Radio service that is part of the USIA, the sites include complete program schedules and transcripts of broadcasts in dozens of languages.
U.S. Mission to the United Nations
Includes statements by the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations.
U.S. Mission in Geneva
The homepage of the USIS in Geneva with news about the U.S. Permanent Mission to the United Nations, and links to 60 major international organizations in Geneva, as well as excellent news briefings and background materials.
The Internet and the Bomb: A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons is written and maintained by William M. Arkin and Robert S. Norris. Any questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to the authors at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. This page was last updated 5/1/97
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- CTBT ratification still uncertain after 15 years of advancement in nuclear test monitoring
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 11/21/14
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 9/26/14
- Feeling a Cold War Chill over Ukraine
- posted by Matthew McKinzie, 7/23/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.