The Internet and the Bomb:
A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons
Table of Contents | Quick Guides | NRDC Nuclear Data | General Information | U.S. Executive Branch | U.S. Congress | International Governmental Organizations | Non-Govermental Organizations | Nuclear Weapons Issues
CHAPTER TWO: U.S. EXECUTIVE BRANCH ORGANIZATIONS
White House/Office of the President
The White House homepage provides a search engine (http://www.whitehouse.gov/WH/html/library.html or http://www.whitehouse.gov/WH/Publications/html/Publications.html) to find Presidential and Vice Presidential documents, statements and speeches, press briefings, and radio addresses, but does not maintain easily accessible file libraries of documents for browsing.
National Security Council (NSC)
Extensive collection of short government statements regarding national security goals in countries and regions.
Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
Federal budget publications for Fiscal Years 1998, 1997, and 1996 available online and searchable.
Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP)
QUICK GUIDES TABLE 4
Quick Guide to Online Government Telephone and Email Directories *
Department of Defense Pentagon Phonebook
DOD NIC Whois Database
Department of Energy (DOE) Callup Directory
DOE Headquarters Telephone Directory
Argonne National Laboratory X-500 Directory
Berkeley Lab Directory Services
Brookhaven Sitewide Telephone Database
INEEL Telephone Directory
Los Alamos Telephone Directory
Oak Ridge (ORNL) Directory
Pacific Northwest Lab X500 Directory
Sandia National Lab Phone Book
Department of State Telephone Directory
USIA Telephone Directory
EPA Telephone Directory
National Science Foundation (NSF) Directory
Nuclear Regulatory Commission Telephone Directory
Smithsonian Online Phone Directory
House of Representatives Online Directory
On-Line IAEA Personnel Directory
* Neither the Department of Defense nor the White House currently have comprehensive online directories.
Sources of White House Documents
White House Publications
MIT Archive of White House Documents
Official searchable archive of Clinton Administration documents.
Texas A&M Archive of White House Documents
Now discontinued Presidential gopher archive covering the period 1992-1995.
White House Archive from SUNSITE
The Federal Register is published Monday-Friday (except Federal holidays) by NARA. It is the offical publication for Presidential Documents and Executive Orders as well as Notices, Rules, and Proposed Rules from Federal agencies and organizations. GPO Access is a searchable database of the Federal Register (1995-present). Commerical organizations such as Counterpoint (http://fr.counterpoint.com/) also offer fee-based searchable access to the Federal Register from 1991-present.
The Internet and the Bomb: A Research Guide to Policy and Information about Nuclear Weapons is written and maintained by William M. Arkin and Robert S. Norris. Any questions, comments or suggestions should be sent to the authors at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. This page was last updated 5/1/97
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- CTBT ratification still uncertain after 15 years of advancement in nuclear test monitoring
- posted by Bemnet Alemayehu, 11/21/14
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 9/26/14
- Feeling a Cold War Chill over Ukraine
- posted by Matthew McKinzie, 7/23/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.