The U.S. Nuclear War Plan
A Time for Change
The attached PowerPoint file was presented on June 18, 2001, by Robert S. Norris of NRDC's nuclear program at the Carnegie International Non-Proliferation Conference in Washington, DC.
The presentation summarizes NRDC's conclusions and recommendations regarding the SIOP, or Single Integrated Operational Plan, the U.S. nuclear war plan that remains in force more than a decade after the end of the Cold War.
Download/viewing instructions: Newer versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer will open this 18-slide presentation in an IE window. If you do not see all 18 slides, save the contents of the window to your desktop, close the IE window, and open the saved file using Microsoft PowerPoint.
PowerPoint File (78k): Abolishing the U.S. Nuclear War Plan
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- China Environmental News Alert - September 26, 2014
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 9/26/14
- Feeling a Cold War Chill over Ukraine
- posted by Matthew McKinzie, 7/23/14
- China Environmental News Alert
- posted by Greenlaw from NRDC China, 6/22/14
Nuclear Document Bank
- NRDC’s Perspectives on the Economics of Small Modular Reactors
- NRDC's Amicus Response in Support of Friends of the Earth
- An Evaluation of the NRC Response to the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Related NRDC Press Releases
- NRDC Senior Nuclear Scientist Unveils Radiation Dosage Data at Senate Hearing
- Nuclear Security Summit Fosters an Illusion of Achievement, Says NRDC
- NRDC Reacts to the Obama Administration's Nuclear Posture Review
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.