All Policy Documents Tagged bpa
- Testimony of Sarah Janssen to Oregon Legislature supporting a ban on Bisphenol A (BPA) in polycarbonate beverage containers. March, 2011
- Comments from the Natural Resources Defense Council on SB 695, legislation to ban the use of Bisphenol A (BPA) in baby bottles, sippy cups and reusable water bottles. Get document in pdf.
- Testimony of Jen Sass to Maine Legislature supporting a ban on Bisphenol A (BPA) in polycarbonate reusable food and beverage containers. March, 2011.
- Comments from the Natural Resources Defense Council on LD 412, Resolve, Regarding Legislative Review of Portions of Chapter 882: Designation of Bisphenol A as a Priority Chemical and Regulation of Bisphenol A in Children's Products, a Major Substantive Rule of the Department of Environmental Protection Get document in pdf.
- Congress Must Protect Children from a Developmental Toxic: Bisphenol A (BPA)
- Fact Sheet
- When the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) was enacted in 1976, it was intended to ensure that chemicals are safe throughout their lifecycle, from manufacture to use and disposal. But weaknesses in the law have left the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) unable to act on known health dangers. Other laws, such as those setting air, water, and workplace safety standards, do not adequately regulate exposure to most chemicals, nor do they address the hazards a chemical may pose over its entire lifecycle. New legislation is needed to rapidly reduce exposure to toxic chemicals, such as Bisphenol A (BPA). Produced at more than 2 billion pounds per year, BPA has found its way into many consumer products and into many people's bodies. Get document in pdf.
- Chemicals in Plastic Bottles
How to Know What’s Safe for Your Family
- Fact Sheet
- A guide to what plastics are safe for your family, and what the government needs to do to ensure strong protections. Get document in pdf.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >