All Policy Documents Tagged nuclear energy
- Testimony of Thomas B. Cochran, Ph.D. Senior Scientist, Nuclear Program, on the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster and Implications for U.S. Nuclear Power Reactors, April 11, 2011
- Tom Cochran testifies on the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster and its Implications for U.S. Nuclear Power Reactors at the Joint Hearings of the Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety and the Committee on Environment and Public Works on April 12, 2011 Get document in pdf.
- Testimony on Nuclear Energy Developments
- Statement of Thomas B. Cochran, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, and Christopher E. Paine, Director of NRDC's nuclear program, on Nuclear Energy Developments before the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, United States Senate, March 18, 2009. Get document in pdf.
- New Nuclear Power Plants Are Not a Solution for America’s Energy Needs
- New nuclear power plants are unlikely to provide a significant fraction of future U.S. needs for low-carbon energy. NRDC favors more practical, economical and environmentally sustainable approaches to reducing both U.S. and global carbon emissions, focusing on the widest possible implementation of end-use energy-efficiency improvements, and on policies to accelerate commercialization of clean, flexible, renewable energy technologies.
- Peddling Plutonium
An Analysis of the President’s Global Nuclear Energy Partnership
- This March 2006 analysis from NRDC's nuclear program finds the Bush administration’s "vision" of a taxpayer-funded global enterprise to extract and recycle plutonium to be unaffordable, uneconomic, unrealistic, unreliable and unsafe.
- Position Paper: Commercial Nuclear Power
- Issue Paper
- This October 2005 paper examines the issues that prevent nuclear power from becoming a leading means to combat global warming pollution. In its present state, the nuclear power industry suffers from too many security, safety and environmental exposure problems, not to mention excessive costs, to be a viable alternate energy source.
- The Bush Administration's Nuclear Energy Research and Development Program
- This index collects NRDC policy papers and analyses relating to the Bush administration's policies regarding nuclear-energy issues.
- The Rise and Fall of the Third ICF Review
A Case Study of Bias and Conflicts of Interest in a National Academy of Sciences Review of the National Ignition Facility
- A case study of bias and conflicts of interest in a National Academy of Sciences review of the Department Of Energy's National Ignition Facility.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Daniel Lashof Before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, January 16, 2014
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >