Policy Solutions: Fact Sheets
All Fact Sheets Tagged congress
- Water for the World
Solving the World’s Most Pressing Environmental Health Problem
- Fact Sheet
- For the nearly one billion people who don't have access to it, clean water is the world's most pressing problem. Lack of safe drinking water and sanitation is the single largest cause of illness in the world, contributing to the deaths of 2 million people a year, the majority of which are children. The solutions to this global public health crisis are well-known and cost-effective, yet more than 780 million people are without clean drinking water, and approximately 2.5 billion lack adequate sanitation.2 In 2005, recognizing the urgency of the crisis, the United States passed the Senator Paul Simon Water for the Poor Act, landmark legislation designed to address the need for global affordable and equitable access to safe water and sanitation. Get document in pdf.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Legislative Fact Sheets
- It's Time to Build an Economy that is Stronger, Cleaner, Healthier, and Made to Last
- Clean energy and energy efficiency have provided a robust source for economic growth and innovation during difficult times and we should not reverse course. The impending budget sequester and expiring tax incentives will significantly reduce...
- State Hydraulic Fracturing Disclosure Rules and Enforcement: A Comparison
- This analysis provides a comprehensive comparison of existing disclosure requirements for states with hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, operations. It finds more than half of the states with hydraulic fracturing activity currently have no...
- Closer than You Think
- Despite Congress' failure to enact comprehensive energy and climate legislation, surprising progress has been made in reducing U.S. carbon dioxide emissions during the last few years.
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Frances Beinecke for Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing on “Opportunities and Challenges for Natural Gas”
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen for California's SB 772
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen on TB 117, the Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard
- NRDC Support for SB 147
- The Big Moat: How NRC Rules Suppress Meaningful Public Participation in NRC Regulatory Decision-making
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.