Policy Solutions: Fact Sheets
All Fact Sheets Tagged diesel exhaust
- Cleaning Up Diesel Trucks in California
Millions in Funding Available Each Year
- Fact Sheet
- Heavy-duty trucks in California are the largest single source of diesel pollution, leading to thousands of illnesses and deaths each year. Pollution from diesel trucks was responsible for roughly 1,500 premature deaths in 2005, and the costs of this loss of life in addition to disease, lost work days, and school absences adds up to $12 billion per year. However, diesel pollution could easily be prevented through upgrades to the existing truck fleet, and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) is seeking to do just that with the upcoming diesel truck regulation. While truck owners may be wary of the added costs of upgrades that will be required, much funding has been made available by the state to offset those costs. Get document in pdf.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Legislative Fact Sheets
- It's Time to Build an Economy that is Stronger, Cleaner, Healthier, and Made to Last
- Clean energy and energy efficiency have provided a robust source for economic growth and innovation during difficult times and we should not reverse course. The impending budget sequester and expiring tax incentives will significantly reduce...
- State Hydraulic Fracturing Disclosure Rules and Enforcement: A Comparison
- This analysis provides a comprehensive comparison of existing disclosure requirements for states with hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, operations. It finds more than half of the states with hydraulic fracturing activity currently have no...
- Closer than You Think
- Despite Congress' failure to enact comprehensive energy and climate legislation, surprising progress has been made in reducing U.S. carbon dioxide emissions during the last few years.
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Frances Beinecke for Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing on “Opportunities and Challenges for Natural Gas”
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen for California's SB 772
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen on TB 117, the Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard
- NRDC Support for SB 147
- The Big Moat: How NRC Rules Suppress Meaningful Public Participation in NRC Regulatory Decision-making
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.