Policy Solutions: Fact Sheets
All Fact Sheets Tagged health
- Oil Spill Do's and Don'ts for the Florida Keys
Protecting Yourself and Your Family from the Health Impacts of the Oil Spill
- Fact Sheet
- All across the Gulf of Mexico, a catastrophic event is unfolding. Oil from the failed Deepwater Horizon rig is spreading throughout the ocean and washing up against Florida’s valuable shorelines. The Keys are particularly vulnerable because of the islands’ exposure to the sea and the sensitive shoreline and reefs. This fact sheet is designed to give individuals information on what they can do -- and what they should not do -- to help respond to this disaster. Get document in pdf.
- Dosed Without Prescription
Preventing Pharmaceutical Contamination of Our Nation's Drinking Water
- Fact Sheet
- The presence of pharmaceuticals in our waterways and drinking water has gained national attention among lawmakers, regulators, and the public. Prescription drugs can enter water through manufacturing waste, human or animal excretion, runoff from animal feeding operations, leaching from municipal landfills, or improper disposal. With many questions still unanswered regarding the scope of the problem and its consequences for human health and the environment, NRDC conducted an extensive survey of the scientific data, legal analyses, and existing advocacy campaigns around this issue. Based on our findings, we offer several recommendations related to drug design, approval, production, use, and disposal to curb the flow of pharmaceuticals entering our water systems and lessen the impacts of the pollution they cause.
Get document in pdf.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >