Policy Solutions: Fact Sheets
All Fact Sheets Tagged oil shale
- Repower America with Clean Energy
Don't Choose Dirty Fuels Such As Tar Sands, Oil Shale or Liquid Coal
- Fact Sheet
- The United States stands at an energy crossroads. We now face a choice: to develop dirtier unconventional sources of transportation fuel derived from fossil fuels -- at an even greater cost to our health and environment -- or set a course for a more sustainable energy future of cleaner, renewable fuels and other clean transportation solutions to fuel our cars, trucks, and airplanes. America needs clean energy solutions, not dirty fuels such as tar sands, oil shale, and liquid coal. Get document in pdf.
- Protect Our Friendly Skies
Gassing up on tar sands, liquid coal, and oil shale would sharply increase aviation emissions
- Fact Sheet
- The aviation industry should not use dirty fuels and should instead focus on emission reduction techniques. Get document in pdf.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Legislative Fact Sheets
- It's Time to Build an Economy that is Stronger, Cleaner, Healthier, and Made to Last
- Clean energy and energy efficiency have provided a robust source for economic growth and innovation during difficult times and we should not reverse course. The impending budget sequester and expiring tax incentives will significantly reduce...
- State Hydraulic Fracturing Disclosure Rules and Enforcement: A Comparison
- This analysis provides a comprehensive comparison of existing disclosure requirements for states with hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, operations. It finds more than half of the states with hydraulic fracturing activity currently have no...
- Closer than You Think
- Despite Congress' failure to enact comprehensive energy and climate legislation, surprising progress has been made in reducing U.S. carbon dioxide emissions during the last few years.
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Frances Beinecke for Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing on “Opportunities and Challenges for Natural Gas”
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen for California's SB 772
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen on TB 117, the Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard
- NRDC Support for SB 147
- The Big Moat: How NRC Rules Suppress Meaningful Public Participation in NRC Regulatory Decision-making
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.