Policy Solutions: Reports & Issue Papers
More Reports & Issue Papers
- First and Last Mile Connections: New Mobility
- Innovation, strategic planning, and collaborations are driving creative solutions to the unrelenting need for more transportation choices. New "shared mobility" programs, policies, tools, and techniques are emerging around the country as a result of their wide range of economic and social benefits.
- Thirsting for Progress: A Report Card on California’s Response to the Drought
- Issue Paper
- California has experienced multi-year droughts in the past and will again. As a state, we must prepare for these inevitable droughts if we are to continue to support our growing population, thriving economy, and healthy environment.
- India: Addressing Climate Change and Moving Towards a Low-Carbon Future
- Fact Sheet
- India is an emerging economic powerhouse and global leader. Fueling one of the world's fastest-growing economies, with a 7 percent GDP growth rate, India is now the third largest energy consumer in the world. The Government of India is balancing the need for climate action with rapid development and providing energy for its urbanizing cities and rural villages, including 300 million people without access to modern electricity. To build a low-carbon future and curb climate change, the Indian government has committed to deploy expansive solar and wind energy and adopt a suite of ambitious climate actions. This fact sheet outlines India's plan of action to address climate change in the next 15 years. Get document in pdf.
- The Big Picture: Ultra High-Definition Televisions Could Add $1 Billion to Viewers' Annual Electric Bills
- Going forward, consumers will likely be buying new ultra high-definition (UHD) televisions instead of high-definition versions for all models 36 inches and larger. Once this transition is completed, U.S. consumers will need to pay an extra $1 billion in annual energy costs to operate their new TVs unless further energy efficiency improvements are made.
- Cellulosic Ethanol from Corn Stover: Can We Get It Right?
- Low-carbon liquid fuels are an essential component of the effort to reduce fossil fuel use and achieve necessary reductions in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to avert catastrophic climate change. Second-generation biofuels must achieve a lower carbon impact than corn ethanol and avoid the negative environmental impacts of corn ethanol. Failure to deliver on these environmental promises could irreparably damage public policy support for biofuels.
- In the U.S. Southeast, Natural Forests Are Being Felled to Send Fuel Overseas
- Energy markets are driving a new and frenzied demand for trees from the ecologically rich forests of the southeastern United States. The epicenter of this new market demand is in Europe, where power companies are seeking alternatives to coal and other fossil fuels and increasingly turning to woody biomass in the form of pellets to fuel their power plants.
- Revitalizing the Chicago Area Waterway System: Key to a Healthy, Vital, Sustainable Greater Chicago
- Chicago must take a hard look at the current state of its inland waterways, known collectively as the Chicago Area Waterway System (CAWS), and determine how these rivers and canals can best serve its residents and other stakeholders, with an eye to the future.
- NRDC’s Annual Energy Reports
- NRDC each year reviews the most recent data to present an overall picture of the U.S. energy sector, which is undergoing a major shift toward increasing amounts of renewable energy and cost-effective energy efficiency.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Daniel Lashof Before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, January 16, 2014
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >