Policy Solutions: Reports & Issue Papers
More Reports & Issue Papers
- Cleaner and Cheaper: Using the Clean Air Act to Sharply Reduce Carbon Pollution from Existing Power Plants
- Issue Paper
- Climate and energy experts at NRDC have crafted a groundbreaking proposal that will help the Administration create jobs, grow the economy, and curb climate change by going after the country's largest source of climate-changing pollution: emissions from hundreds of existing power plants.
- America's Data Centers Consuming and Wasting Growing Amounts of Energy
Critical Action Needed to Save Money and Cut Pollution
- The explosion of digital content, big data, e-commerce, and Internet traffic is making data centers one of the fastest growing users of electricity in developed countries, and one of the key drivers in the construction of new power plants in some regions of the United States.
- Protecting the Mid-Atlantic's Deep Sea Ecosystems
- Fact Sheet
- The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council, which manages U.S. fisheries resources in the region, is currently developing a plan to protect deep-sea coral communities off the Mid-Atlantic coast from fishing gear damage.
- India: Addressing Climate Change and Moving Towards a Low-Carbon Future
- Fact Sheet
- India is an emerging economic powerhouse and a global leader. Despite the recent economic slowdown, India continues to be one of the largest economies in the world with a GDP projected to growby 6.5 percent by the end of 2015. In fueling this economic growth rate, India has become the fourth largest energy consumer in the world. This rapid growth and the accompanying increase in greenhouse gas emissions raise national concerns about climate change. As it develops, India is moving to reduce emissions intensity to protect its people and environment, and the new government is poised to continue leading these efforts. This fact sheet outlines the steps that India is taking to grow a low-carbon economy. Get document in pdf.
- Strong U.S. Energy Efficiency Standards: Decades of Using Energy Smarter
The U.S. Appliance Standards Program Has a Long History of Success, Bipartisan Support, and Saving Americans Money
- Fact Sheet
- Wasted energy means wasted money. National energy efficiency standards that the U.S. Department of Energy is establishing for more than 50 types of household appliances and commercial products in our homes, businesses, and industries help cut that energy waste: they set a dependable minimum level of energy efficiency that all Americans can count on to reduce energy waste and lower their energy bills.
- Dumping Dirty Diesels in Latin America
Reducing Black Carbon and Air Pollution from Diesel Engines in Latin American Countries
- Efforts to reduce black carbon emissions have become an increasingly important component of national and international efforts to fight global warming, particularly as recent studies have concluded that black carbon is the second most powerful climate warming pollutant after carbon dioxide.
- Concentrated Solar Power
Heating Up India’s Solar Thermal Market under the National Solar Mission
- Solar power can play a significant role in a secure and diversified energy future for India as the country becomes a hub for solar projects. More specifically, concentrated solar power (CSP) could have a unique role in India's energy mix. Its potential to use hybrid technologies and easily add storage could unlock dispatchable and base-load power, setting the stage for larger renewable energy penetration.
- Constructing Change: Accelerating Energy Efficiency in India's Buildings Market
- Issue Paper
- India is at a crossroads in its development path. India's building-occupied area is projected to skyrocket from 8 billion square meters in 2005 to 41 billion in 2030. To keep pace, India's energy production must grow 6.5 percent per year from 2011 to 2017. Energy efficiency will be the cheapest, fastest way to close the energy demand and supply gap.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Daniel Lashof Before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, January 16, 2014
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >