Policy Solutions: Reports & Issue Papers
More Reports & Issue Papers
- State Pathways to a Clean Energy Future
Opportunities to Cut Carbon Pollution Under the Clean Power Plan
- Issue Paper
- States have an opportunity to tap a well of economic growth that could provide new jobs, expand their economies, and help protect future generations from the worst impacts of a changing climate. That opportunity is clean energy, and one way for states to realize more clean energy growth in the coming years is through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Clean Power Plan.
- States are Vulnerable to Ocean Acidification
- Fact Sheet
- According to a new assessment of the most vulnerable communities across the United States to ocean acidification, many states are at high risk of economic harm. Communities and governments can still take action, researchers say.
- Creating Private Markets for Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- To turn back the tides of polluted stormwater, many cities are launching ambitious plans to develop green infrastructure -- effectively unpaving city land and using practices that help rain absorb and be better used near where it falls.
- Financing Stormwater Retrofits in Philadelphia and Beyond
- Philadelphia encourages property owners to install green infrastructure techniques with a flagship stormwater billing structure. This report -- a joint product of NRDC's Water Program and Center for Market Innovation -- uses Philadelphia as a test case to explore how cities can attract billions of dollars in private investment in stormwater retrofits, saving on public infrastructure costs while cleaning waterways and greening communities.
- Rooftops to Rivers II
Green Strategies for Controlling Stormwater and Combined Sewer Overflows
- This November 2011 report is a policy guide for decision makers looking to implement green stormwater strategies to stop water pollution at its source. It includes case studies of cities that have successfully used green infrastructure techniques to reduce runoff and combined sewer overflow (CSO) pollution to create a healthier urban environment.
- Bridging the Clean Energy Divide: Affordable Clean Energy Solutions for Today and Tomorrow
- Fact Sheet
- The impacts of pollution often hit the poor the hardest. And experts predict that climate change will worsen the situation. However, the shift to clean energy offers a chance to prevent the worst impacts of climate change, while lessening the toll that dirty fossil fuels are currently wreaking on some of our most vulnerable communities.
- America's Data Centers Consuming and Wasting Growing Amounts of Energy
Critical Action Needed to Save Money and Cut Pollution
- The explosion of digital content, big data, e-commerce, and Internet traffic is making data centers one of the fastest growing users of electricity in developed countries, and one of the key drivers in the construction of new power plants in some regions of the United States.
- Health Risks and Climate Change
- Fact Sheet
- People in every state are vulnerable to climate health threats -- from worsening air quality, extreme heat,
extreme precipitation and flooding, and greater exposure to dangerous diseases. The U.S. EPA proposed the Clean Power Plan, a historic effort to limit the carbon pollution emitted by power plants -- the biggest driver of climate change -- and protect public health.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Daniel Lashof Before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, January 16, 2014
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >