Policy Solutions: Reports & Issue Papers
More Reports & Issue Papers
- The Clean Power Plan: Building on Ohio’s Clean Energy Accomplishments
- The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio have asked stakeholders to provide guidance on the draft Clean Power Plan, the assumptions that went into setting Ohio's target, and to provide information that the agencies should consider in preparing the state;s comments to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. To that end, NRDC submits these comments on Ohio's carbon reduction opportunities under the Clean Power Plan.
- Clean Power: The Case for Carbon Pollution Limits
- Climate change is the central environmental challenge of our generation. We may be running out of time but, as the Clean Power Plan illustrates, we are not running out of solutions. To help sort out the debate over the Clean Power Plan, NRDC has prepared this well-referenced resource to help separate fact from fiction.
- Enforcement Technology Options for California Marine Protected Areas
- California's marine protected area network made the state a national leader in ocean management and put it in a position to drive national policy on enforcement and compliance. Yet it currently trails Oregon and Washington in the use of up-to-date electronic systems for managing citations.
- Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the U.S., 2015
- The Benchmarking project uses public data to compare the emissions performance of the 100 largest power producers in the United States, and discusses market trends affecting the electric generating sector, including trends in fuel prices, technology developments, and environmental regulations.
- Home Idle Load
Devices Wasting Huge Amounts of Electricity When Not in Active Use
- Issue Paper
- There has been a veritable explosion in the number of electronics, appliances, and other equipment plugged into, or permanently connected to, America's homes. Most are consuming electricity around-the-clock, even when the owners are not using them or think they have been turned off. This always-on energy use by inactive devices translates to $19 billion a year -- about $165 per U.S. household.
- Sustainability Certification for Biofuels
- Large fuel purchasers are increasingly turning to biofuels to improve their environmental performance. These efforts are well intentioned but warrant caution. While biofuels can certainly provide environmental benefits, they can also cause severe damage if produced unsustainably, because biofuel feedstocks are inextricably linked to land, water, and wildlife.
- A Brighter Future: Shifting the Way We Develop Renewable Energy on Public Lands
- Renewable energy potential in the U.S. is significant, and our public lands can play an important role in helping to transition our economy to a clean energy future. The Department of the Interior is moving to a smarter, landscape-level approach to developing energy resources that facilitates development in the best places while safeguarding the most important values for future generations.
- Getting the Green Out: Key Findings and Recommendations from NRDC Workshops on Promoting Green Stormwater Infrastructure on Commercial Property
- Cities throughout the United States are embracing green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) as a means to reduce polluted stormwater runoff and satisfy the Clean Water Act, while also realizing public health, environmental, economic, and quality of life benefits of urban green space. NRDC has engaged with interested representatives of the commercial real estate sector to explore how property owners and developers think about GSI and strategies needed to increase adoption.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Daniel Lashof Before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, January 16, 2014
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >