Policy Solutions: Reports & Issue Papers
More Reports & Issue Papers
- Revitalizing the Chicago Area Waterway System: Key to a Healthy, Vital, Sustainable Greater Chicago
- Chicago must take a hard look at the current state of its inland waterways, known collectively as the Chicago Area Waterway System (CAWS), and determine how these rivers and canals can best serve its residents and other stakeholders, with an eye to the future.
- France Moves Toward a National Policy Against Food Waste
- In April 2015, French policymakers released ambitious proposals for a national policy against food waste, offering a rich set of ideas for prevention and recycling. Some measures, including a ban on supermarket food waste, are already being considered by the French Parliament, and others may follow.
- Chain Reaction: How Top Restaurants Rate on Reducing Antibiotics in Their Meat Supply
- From double bacon cheeseburgers to chicken nuggets, most meat served by America's top chain restaurants comes from animals raised in industrial-scale facilities where they are routinely fed antibiotics. These drugs are often used to accelerate animal growth and prevent diseases stemming from poor diets and crowded, stressful and dirty conditions, rather than for treatment of sick animals.
- Cleaner Air and Better Health: The Benefits of Ohio's Renewable and Efficiency Standards
- Ohio's Energy Efficiency Resource Standard (EERS) and Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) hold significant untapped potential to protect the environment and safeguard public health, particularly the health of children, pregnant women, the elderly, and other vulnerable populations.
- Clean by Design Grows to Scale: 2014
- NRDC launched its Clean by Design initiative in 2009 as an innovative "green supply chain" program to leverage the purchasing power of multi-national corporations to reduce the environmental impacts of factories in their suppliers abroad. Working with a number of prominent global apparel retailers and brands, we have focused this program first in the textile industry, notorious for its energy and water intensity and pollution load.
- Getting the Green Out: Key Findings and Recommendations from NRDC Workshops on Promoting Green Stormwater Infrastructure on Commercial Property
- Cities throughout the United States are embracing green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) as a means to reduce polluted stormwater runoff and satisfy the Clean Water Act, while also realizing public health, environmental, economic, and quality of life benefits of urban green space. NRDC has engaged with interested representatives of the commercial real estate sector to explore how property owners and developers think about GSI and strategies needed to increase adoption.
- The Clean Power Plan: Building on Ohio’s Clean Energy Accomplishments
- The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio have asked stakeholders to provide guidance on the draft Clean Power Plan, the assumptions that went into setting Ohio's target, and to provide information that the agencies should consider in preparing the state;s comments to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. To that end, NRDC submits these comments on Ohio's carbon reduction opportunities under the Clean Power Plan.
- Clean Power: The Case for Carbon Pollution Limits
- Climate change is the central environmental challenge of our generation. We may be running out of time but, as the Clean Power Plan illustrates, we are not running out of solutions. To help sort out the debate over the Clean Power Plan, NRDC has prepared this well-referenced resource to help separate fact from fiction.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Daniel Lashof Before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, January 16, 2014
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >