Policy Solutions: Reports & Issue Papers
More Reports & Issue Papers
- Cooling India with Less Warming
The Business Case for Phasing Down HFCs in Room and Vehicle Air Conditioners
- Issue Paper
- Choices made in the next few years will shape whether Indian consumers, companies and government authorities can turn the challenges of the room and vehicle air conditioning expansion into business advantage and national opportunity while reducing climate change, improving air quality, and making air conditioning more efficient and less costly to operate.
- India: Addressing Climate Change and Moving Towards a Low-Carbon Future
- Fact Sheet
- India is becoming an economic powerhouse and a global leader. Despite the recent economic slowdown, India's gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate of 5 to 7 percent is among the highest for large economies. To maintain this growth rate, India's energy consumption is projected to increase by 54 percent between 2011 and 2020. This rapid growth and the accompanying increase in greenhouse gas emissions raise national concerns about climate change. As it develops, India is moving to reduce emissions intensity to protect its people and environment. This fact sheet outlines the steps that India is taking to grow a low-carbon economy. Get document in pdf.
- Rooftops to Rivers II
Green Strategies for Controlling Stormwater and Combined Sewer Overflows
- This November 2011 report is a policy guide for decision makers looking to implement green stormwater strategies to stop water pollution at its source. It includes case studies of cities that have successfully used green infrastructure techniques to reduce runoff and combined sewer overflow (CSO) pollution to create a healthier urban environment.
- The Dating Game
How Confusing Food Date Labels Lead to Food Waste in America
- The current system of expiration dates misleads consumers to believe they must discard food in order to protect their own safety. In fact, the dates are only suggestions by the manufacturer for when the food is at its peak quality, not when it is unsafe to eat.
- Using the Clean Air Act to Sharply Reduce Carbon Pollution from Existing Power Plants
- Issue Paper
- Climate and energy experts at NRDC have crafted a groundbreaking proposal that will help the Administration create jobs, grow the economy, and curb climate change by going after the country's largest source of climate-changing pollution: emissions from hundreds of existing power plants.
- List of NRDC's Post-Sandy Priorities for Governmental Action
- Fact Sheet
- This list summarizes NRDC's top ten priority issues one year after Superstorm Sandy devastated parts of the East Coast. Get document in pdf.
- America's (Amazingly) Good Energy News
NRDC’s First Annual Energy & Environment Report
- For decades, America's energy news trended from bad to worse, beginning with the oil crises of the 1970s. However, NRDC recently conducted an exhaustive analysis that found a remarkable turnaround. Based on key economic, security, and environmental indicators, the state of the U.S. energy economy has never been better. And in an era of escalating Mideast turmoil and gyrating oil prices, this accumulated resilience could hardly be more timely.
- America’s Underwater Parks
The Marine Life Protection Act Safeguards Our Special Undersea Places
- Fact Sheet
- More than 130 years ago, the United States began to protect our most treasured areas on land by creating National Parks. Now, California has extended that kind of protection to special marine areas by creating underwater parks. In December 2012, the state completed a network of marine parks along its entire coast to help sustain and revitalize the rich web of ocean life. Get document in pdf.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >