Policy Solutions: Reports & Issue Papers
More Reports & Issue Papers
- Increasing Resilience to Extreme Heat Health Risks Across Rapidly Urbanizing India
- Fact Sheet
- The rapidly urbanizing Indian city of Ahmedabad experienced a devastating heat wave in 2010 that drove temperatures to a scorching 46.8°C (over 116°F). In response, NRDC and our on-the-ground partners, the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) and the Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar (IIPH), are working with city officials and leaders in Ahmedabad to prepare communities for rising temperatures by piloting an innovative early warning system and interagency disaster risk reduction plan. Get document in pdf.
- Fracking's Most Wanted: Lifting the Veil on Oil and Gas Company Spills and Violations
- Issue Paper
- States need new policies and regulations to ensure that the public can easily find information on violations by companies that drill for oil and gas, and that illegal acts are being recorded.
- Clean by Design Grows to Scale: 2014
- NRDC launched its Clean by Design initiative in 2009 as an innovative "green supply chain" program to leverage the purchasing power of multi-national corporations to reduce the environmental impacts of factories in their suppliers abroad. Working with a number of prominent global apparel retailers and brands, we have focused this program first in the textile industry, notorious for its energy and water intensity and pollution load.
- Bridging the Clean Energy Divide: Affordable Clean Energy Solutions for Today and Tomorrow
- Fact Sheet
- The impacts of pollution often hit the poor the hardest. And experts predict that climate change will worsen the situation. However, the shift to clean energy offers a chance to prevent the worst impacts of climate change, while lessening the toll that dirty fossil fuels are currently wreaking on some of our most vulnerable communities.
- State Pathways to a Clean Energy Future
Opportunities to Cut Carbon Pollution Under the Clean Power Plan
- Issue Paper
- States have an opportunity to tap a well of economic growth that could provide new jobs, expand their economies, and help protect future generations from the worst impacts of a changing climate. That opportunity is clean energy, and one way for states to realize more clean energy growth in the coming years is through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Clean Power Plan.
- States are Vulnerable to Ocean Acidification
- Fact Sheet
- According to a new assessment of the most vulnerable communities across the United States to ocean acidification, many states are at high risk of economic harm. Communities and governments can still take action, researchers say.
- Creating Private Markets for Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- To turn back the tides of polluted stormwater, many cities are launching ambitious plans to develop green infrastructure -- effectively unpaving city land and using practices that help rain absorb and be better used near where it falls.
- Financing Stormwater Retrofits in Philadelphia and Beyond
- Philadelphia encourages property owners to install green infrastructure techniques with a flagship stormwater billing structure. This report -- a joint product of NRDC's Water Program and Center for Market Innovation -- uses Philadelphia as a test case to explore how cities can attract billions of dollars in private investment in stormwater retrofits, saving on public infrastructure costs while cleaning waterways and greening communities.
Track Current Legislation
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Daniel Lashof Before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, January 16, 2014
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommmittee on Environment and the Economy, June 13, 2013
- Oral testimony of Daniel Rosenberg before the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
- Written statement of Daniel Rosenberg to the Committee on Environment and Public Works, July 31, 2013
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
Donate now >