Policy Solutions: Publications in Print
This is a list of archival publications available ONLY in print. Return to recent print publications.
Clean Air and Energy
- The Price of Mobility: Uncovering the Hidden Costs of Transportation By Peter Miller and John Moffet. NRDC. October 1993. (Photocopy only: 71 pp., $5.00)
Clean Water & Oceans
- A Decade After the Exxon Valdez: Inadequate Federal Action on Oil Spill Prevention By Peter Lehner, Sarah Chasis, Isaac Flattau. March 1999. (Photocopy only: 12 pp., $3.00)
- Going with the Flow: Replacing Energy from Four Snake River Dams David Marcus and Karen Garrison. April 2000. (Photocopy only: 49 pp., $5.00)
Parks, Forests & Wildlands
- Parks for Tomorrow: News and Commentary About the Problems Confronting America's National Parks By NRDC in collaboration with U.S. Inc., the National Parks and Conservation Association, and The Wilderness Society. August 1999. (Print version: 24 pp., free)
- Reclaiming Our Heritage: What We Need to do to Preserve America's National Parks By Sharon Buccino, Charles Clusen, Ed Norton and Johanna Wald. July 1997. (Print version: 100 pp., $10.50)
Cities & Green Living
- End of the Line for Dirty Diesels: Why New York City Needs Natural Gas Buses By Renee Skelton and Richard A. Kassel. September 1993. (Photocopy only: 18 pp., $6.50)
- Needless Noise: The Negative Impacts of Helicopter Traffic in New York City and the Tri-State Region By Carolyn Cunningham. December 1999. (Photocopy only: 68 pp., $5.00)
- Once There Were Greenfields: How Urban Sprawl is Undermining America's Environment, Economy, and Social Fabric By F. Kaid Benfield, Matthew D. Raimi, and Donald D.T. Chen. March 1999. (Reprint permission: 215 pp., $7.00)
- Out of Breath: Children's Health and Air Pollution in Southern California By Lawrie Mott, Veronica Kun, Wendy Gordon and Karlene Levelle. October 1993. (Print version: 52pp., $7.50)
- Solving Sprawl:Models of Smart Growth in Communities Across America By F. Kaid Benfield, Jutka Terris and Nancy Vorsanger. November 2001. (Available from Island Press)
- Digging Up the Details: A Comparison of Proposed New York State Superfund and Brownfields Legislation By Amanda Gonzalez and Mark A. Izeman. March 2000. (Photocopy only: 64 pp., $5.00)
- Gathering Storm: Coming Environmental Battles in the 105th Congress By Sharon Buccino, Nathan Daschle, and Greg Wetstone. January 1998. (Print version: 75 pp., $7.50)
Nuclear Weapons, Waste & Energy
- Making the Russian Bomb: From Stalin to Yeltsin By Thomas B. Cochran, Robert S. Norris, and Oleg Bukharin, 1995. (Print version, paperback only: $20.00)
- Nuclear Weapons Databook Series Volume I: U.S. Nuclear Forces and Capabilities By Thomas B. Cochran, William M. Arkin, Robert S. Norris and Milton M. Hoenig. 1984. (Photocopy only: $20.00)
- Nuclear Weapons Databook Series Volume II: U.S. Nuclear Warhead Production By Thomas B. Cochran, William M. Arkin, Robert S. Norris and Milton M. Hoenig. 1987. (Photocopy only: $20.00)
- Nuclear Weapons Databook Series Volume III: U.S. Nuclear Warhead Facility Profiles By Thomas B. Cochran, William M. Arkin, Robert S. Norris and Milton M. Hoenig. 1987. (Photocopy only: $20.00)
- Nuclear Weapons Databook Series Volume IV: Soviet Nuclear Weapons By Thomas B. Cochran, William M. Arkin, Robert S. Norris and Jeffrey I. Sands. 1989. (Print version: $40.00)
- Nuclear Weapons Databook Series Volume V: British, French and Chinese Nuclear Weapons By Robert S. Norris, Andrew Burrows, and Richard Fieldhouse. 1994. (Print version: $39.95)
- Nuclear Weapons Databook Working Paper 94-1: United States Nuclear Tests, July 1945 to December 1992 By Robert S. Norris and Thomas B. Cochran. (Print version: $5.00)
- U.S. Inventories of Nuclear Weapons and Weapon-Usable Fissile Material By Thomas B. Cochran. Revised September 26, 1995. (Print version: $5.00)
- US-USSR/Russian Strategic Offensive Nuclear Forces, 1945-1996 By Robert S. Norris and Thomas B. Cochran. January 1997. (Print version: $5.00)
Track Current Legislation
Recent Legislative Fact Sheets
- It's Time to Build an Economy that is Stronger, Cleaner, Healthier, and Made to Last
- Clean energy and energy efficiency have provided a robust source for economic growth and innovation during difficult times and we should not reverse course. The impending budget sequester and expiring tax incentives will significantly reduce...
- State Hydraulic Fracturing Disclosure Rules and Enforcement: A Comparison
- This analysis provides a comprehensive comparison of existing disclosure requirements for states with hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, operations. It finds more than half of the states with hydraulic fracturing activity currently have no...
- Closer than You Think
- Despite Congress' failure to enact comprehensive energy and climate legislation, surprising progress has been made in reducing U.S. carbon dioxide emissions during the last few years.
Recent Testimony Before Congress
- Testimony of Frances Beinecke for Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing on “Opportunities and Challenges for Natural Gas”
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen for California's SB 772
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen on TB 117, the Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard
- NRDC Support for SB 147
- The Big Moat: How NRC Rules Suppress Meaningful Public Participation in NRC Regulatory Decision-making
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.