New York's Kensico and West Branch Reservoirs Confront Intensified Development
Top of Report
Eric A. Goldstein
The authors gratefully acknowledge the following foundations for their steadfast support of NRDC's New York Urban Program and its efforts to help protect the New York region's drinking water supply:
The Clark Foundation
Henry Philip Kraft Family Memorial Fund of The New York Community Trust
Helena Rubinstein Foundation
Lily Auchincloss Foundation, Inc.
Edith C. Blum Foundation, Inc.
The Henry & Lucy Moses Fund, Inc.
The New York Times Company Foundation, Inc.
The Overbrook Foundation
The Starr Foundation
We also extend a hearty thank you to NRDC's 400,000 members, without whom this report and our other wide-ranging urban activities would not be possible.
We thank our NRDC colleagues for their cooperation in helping to shape and produce this report. Mark Izeman, our partner on New York drinking water issues, provided indispensable advice and excellent editing. Jennifer Burns Kessler, Ryan Southard and Peggy Alevrontas handled the word processing and production details with skill. La-Verne Parris and Sharene Azimi, under the watchful eye of Alan Metrick, were of great help with design and media outreach. Finally, we deeply appreciate the help of others outside of NRDC who provided thoughtful and constructive suggestions on the drafts they kindly reviewed.
About the Federated Conservationists of Westchester County
The Federated Conservationists of Westchester County, Inc. (FCWC) is one of the most prominent environmental organizations in Westchester County. FCWC has been dedicated to environmental planning and education since 1965. It acts as a clearinghouse for information and encourages regional perspectives on environmental issues.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Latin America Green News: Chile launches long-term energy initiative, Costa Rica extends oil moratorium, Mexico signs clean energy pact with California
- posted by Denée Reaves, 8/1/14
- New York's Underused Water Infrastructure Funds Can Support Climate Resiliency
- posted by Ben Chou, 7/31/14
- The Proposed Bay Delta Conservation Plan Is the Wrong Approach for California
- posted by Kate Poole, 7/29/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.