New York's Kensico and West Branch Reservoirs Confront Intensified Development
This is the full text of a February 1999 report from the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Federated Conservationists of Westchester County which finds that encroaching development and inadequate protection by city and state officials threaten New York City’s two most important reservoirs.
To order a print copy of this report see our Publications List.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- BUSTED: Big Ag's Big Myths About the Clean Water Protection Rule
- posted by Jon Devine, 7/25/14
- The Clock is Ticking to Craft a Good, BDCP-Neutral Water Bond for California
- posted by Doug Obegi, 7/24/14
- Illinois' Water Plan: How to Prepare for a Warmer, More Flood-Prone Climate
- posted by Peter Lehner, 7/23/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.