Priority Ocean Areas for Protection in the Mid-Atlantic
Findings of NRDC's Marine Habitat Workshop
Geographical Information Systems Specialist
NRDC Director of Communications
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the following foundations and individuals for NRDC's coastal and ocean-protection work: Peter R. and Elga Anderson-Gimbel Memorial Trust, the Naomi and Nehemiah Cohen Foundation, Barbara B. and Bertram J. Cohn, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, Inc., The Wallace Alexander Gerbode Foundation, Ruth and Ben Hammett, the David L. Klein, Jr. Foundation, The Curtis and Edith Munson Foundation, The David and Lucile Packard Foundation, The Pew Charitable Trusts, The Prospect Hill Foundation, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the Frank P. Smeal Charitable Trust, the Victoria Foundation Inc., and three anonymous donors. We also thank our more than 400,000 members, without whom our work would not be possible.
We wish to thank all the scientists who participated in the mid-Atlantic marine habitat workshop and reviewed this report. Special thanks to Brad Butman and Jane Denny for their contribution of material. We also would like to thank Environmental Defense for its collaboration and support for this project. Finally, we thank Dawn Marie Lang for her administrative and editorial assistance.
Get Updates and Alerts
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Court of Appeals Upholds California Shark Fin Ban
- posted by Seth Atkinson, 7/28/15
- Fabulous New Ocean Acidification Sensors from the Wendy Schmidt Ocean Health X-Prize
- posted by Lisa Suatoni, 7/21/15
- Happy Fifth Birthday, National Ocean Policy!
- posted by Ali Chase, 7/15/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.