Clean Water at Risk
A 30th Anniversary Assessment of the Bush Administration's Rollback of Clean Water Protections
This October 2002 NRDC report -- issued on the 30th anniversary of the passage of the Clean Water Act -- assesses the impact this landmark environmental law has had on the safety and environmental health of the nation's waterways, documents the Bush administration's sustained attack on clean water protections, and urges that this retreat from the spirit of one of our most successful and popular environmental laws be rejected.
OVERVIEW & QUICK REFERENCE
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- The Proposed Bay Delta Conservation Plan Is the Wrong Approach for California
- posted by Kate Poole, 7/29/14
- BUSTED: Big Ag's Big Myths About the Clean Water Protection Rule
- posted by Jon Devine, 7/25/14
- The Clock is Ticking to Craft a Good, BDCP-Neutral Water Bond for California
- posted by Doug Obegi, 7/24/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.