Community Responses to Runoff Pollution
Top of Report
Peter H. Lehner
George P. Aponte Clarke
Diane M. Cameron
Andrew G. Frank
NRDC Director of Communications
Jeff Jenkins/Jenkins & Page
Martin E. Blemer (drain)
Mary Ellen Webster (outfall)
NRDC gratefully acknowledges the United Stated Environmental Protection Agency for its support of stormwater education and technology transfer and the following organizations for their support of NRDC's stormwater policy efforts: Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, Inc., and Victoria Foundation, Inc. As with all our work, the publication of this report would not have been possible without the support of NRDC's 400,000 members.
The authors would like to especially thank the many municipal officials, agency staff, organization representatives, stormwater researchers, consultants, academics, and community members who contributed information and insight to the case studies and research. Through our research, we found considerable existing local leadership addressing stormwater and related issues, a sincere dedication to resolving these issues, and a commitment to addressing them for the benefit of their communities.
NRDC would also like to thank the following research and legal assistants and volunteers for all their help and enthusiasm: Diane Bui, Aaron Cook, Linda Dempsey, William Dornbos, Isaac Flattau, Abby Gedansky, Susan Gordon, Joe Hirsch, Alicia Klat, Lynn Mandarano, Kevin Olson, Christine Oschmann, Kim Raby, Adam Thornbrough, Carmen Vonheim. NRDC would also like to acknowledge David Mason for helping to write and research Chapter 4. Special thanks also to NRDC staff Peggy Alevrontas, Everett Delano, Lawrie Mott, Raymond Rodriguez, Matt Raimi, and Laura Siegel for their assistance in researching, reviewing, and preparing this report, and to Sharene Azimi for the wonderful job she did coordinating the production of this report.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Discovering Life along a River of Local and National Importance
- posted by Monty Schmitt, 7/11/14
- Infographic: How Many Myths About the Clean Water Protection Rule Can Fit on a Webpage?
- posted by Jon Devine, 7/8/14
- Cool It: 8 Tips to Handle the Dog Days of Summer in a Warming Climate
- posted by Peter Lehner, 7/1/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.