Community Responses to Runoff Pollution
Top of Report
RESOURCE LISTEnvironmental Protection Agency sites
EPA Office of Wastewater Management Stormwater Page - Offers information and links about the federal stormwater program, including the Stormwater Phase II Final Rule.
EPA Nonpoint Source Pollution Homepage - Includes fact sheets for students and educators, and links to related technical documents, publications, and funding opportunities.
Environmental organizations focusing on stormwater pollution
American Oceans Campaign - Features links to stormwater education and outreach resources for the state of California, which may also be useful to communities throughout the county.
Center for Watershed Protection - Offers tips on what governmental agencies, organizations, and the public can do to protect watersheds.
Clean Ocean Action - Includes fact sheets and actions related to improving the quality of the waters off the New York/New Jersey coast.
Community Environmental Defense Services - Offers resources, publications, and links to assist people needing help defending their community and environment from the impact of poorly planned land development activities.
Stormwater Resources - Provides information about stormwater pollution, treatment methodologies, and related issues, including an online library with research papers, software, and information.
National Stormwater Best Management Practices Database - Features a CD-ROM database created to improve water quality nationwide by sharing information on stormwater best management practices.
Professional and municipal organizations
American Planning Association
American Public Works Association
American Society of Civil Engineers
Association of State and Interstate Pollution Control Agencies
International Erosion Control Association
National Association of Counties
National Association of Flood and Stormwater Management Agencies
National League of Cities
Water Environment Federation
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Latin America Green News: droughts in Brazil and Chile, Monarch butterfly numbers in Mexico still low, Colombia leading in reforestation efforts
- posted by Maria Martinez, 1/30/15
- Celebrating the International Year of Soils
- posted by Claire O'Connor, 1/30/15
- New Public Polling Research Shows Americans Want Clean Water Safeguards
- posted by Jon Devine, 1/22/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.