Testimony of Mae Wu on Bottled Water
NRDC Attorney Mae Wu testifies before a Senate subcommittee that the bottled water that millions of Americans drink each day is allowed to contain more toxic chemicals than tap water. Wu calls for testing bottled water and labels that would let the public know what they're actually drinking.
last revised 9/10/2008
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Water on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about water efficiency, green infrastructure and climate on the NRDC blog.
Recent Water Posts
- Brewers Demand Action for Clean Water
- posted by Karen Hobbs, 6/12/13
- Midwest Governors on Separation of Watersheds: A Closer Look at What's at Stake
- posted by Meleah Geertsma, 6/11/13
- Another Broken Promise by EPA to Reduce Water Pollution
- posted by Jon Devine, 6/10/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.