Protecting Wolves in the American West
Removing Endangered Species Act protections threatens the survival of Northern Rocky Mountain wolves.
To many Americans, wolves represent wild nature that has been lost in many parts of the country. These magnificent animals are once again at risk. The Bush Administration's proposal to remove Endangered Species Act protections -- to "delist" wolves -- threatens to return Northern Rocky Mountain wolves to the brink of extinction by allowing states to kill more than 60 percent of the current wolf population. NRDC recommends action at both the state and federal levels to maintain the long-term health of wolves in the Northern Rockies.
last revised 4/30/2009
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Ensuring Yellowstone Grizzly bears are secure - now and in the future
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/28/14
- As monarch butterflies plummet, it's time to rethink the widespread use of our nation's top weedkiller
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/24/14
- New York Bill Would Ban Elephant & Mammoth Ivory Sales!
- posted by Elly Pepper, 2/21/14