Protecting Wolves in the American West
Removing Endangered Species Act protections threatens the survival of Northern Rocky Mountain wolves.
To many Americans, wolves represent wild nature that has been lost in many parts of the country. These magnificent animals are once again at risk. The Bush Administration's proposal to remove Endangered Species Act protections -- to "delist" wolves -- threatens to return Northern Rocky Mountain wolves to the brink of extinction by allowing states to kill more than 60 percent of the current wolf population. NRDC recommends action at both the state and federal levels to maintain the long-term health of wolves in the Northern Rockies.
last revised 4/30/2009
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Last Chance for Public Comments on the Tongue River Railroad (the worst idea ever)
- posted by Amanda Jahshan, 7/29/15
- Murkowski's Big Oil Giveaway: Profits Over People
- posted by Franz Matzner, 7/27/15
- FEMA, Floodplains and Fish: Why the National Flood Insurance Program must protect floodplains to improve public safety and safeguard endangered species
- posted by Monty Schmitt, 6/25/15