Environmental Issues: Wildlife
In Brief Articles
- Rule Protecting National Forest Wildlands Is Vindicated in Court
- In December 2002, a federal appeals court lifted a stay on the implementation of the Roadless Area Conservation Rule, a landmark forest-conservation measure that the timber industry and its allies have fought tooth and nail. Will the Bush administration enforce it, or undermine it?
- In Hot Water
- Out in Montana the drought is in its seventh year, the weather's gone loony, and the temperature of the state's iconic trout streams is inching steadily higher. Reporting from Montana, George Black examines common ground between environmentalists, anglers, ranchers, and other locals concerned about the threat that global warming poses to coldwater habitat and native species in the Rocky Mountains.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- The Fight Widens: NRDC challenges the approval of the pesticide combination Enlist Duo in nine more states
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 4/20/15
- Why we have grave environmental concerns about "fast track" trade authority
- posted by Jake Schmidt, 4/20/15
- California's Mendocino County Suspends Illegal Contract with Wildlife Services
- posted by Elly Pepper, 4/13/15