Environmental Issues: Wildlife
In Brief Articles
- Rule Protecting National Forest Wildlands Is Vindicated in Court
- In December 2002, a federal appeals court lifted a stay on the implementation of the Roadless Area Conservation Rule, a landmark forest-conservation measure that the timber industry and its allies have fought tooth and nail. Will the Bush administration enforce it, or undermine it?
- In Hot Water
- Out in Montana the drought is in its seventh year, the weather's gone loony, and the temperature of the state's iconic trout streams is inching steadily higher. Reporting from Montana, George Black examines common ground between environmentalists, anglers, ranchers, and other locals concerned about the threat that global warming poses to coldwater habitat and native species in the Rocky Mountains.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Ensuring Yellowstone Grizzly bears are secure - now and in the future
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/28/14
- As monarch butterflies plummet, it's time to rethink the widespread use of our nation's top weedkiller
- posted by Sylvia Fallon, 2/24/14
- New York Bill Would Ban Elephant & Mammoth Ivory Sales!
- posted by Elly Pepper, 2/21/14