NRDC Expert Blog
Latin American countries, regions and cities demonstrated clear ambition and leadership at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP23) held in Bonn, Germany over the past two weeks.
- HidroAysén dam project rejection upheld
- Latin America projects awarded at COP23
- Argentina considers geothermal development
- Nicaragua joins Paris Climate Treaty, leaving the U.S. and Syria behind
- Global deforestation hits record high
- Last-ditch efforts to save the vaquita get underway in Mexico
THIS WEEK: NAFTA renegotiation begins, Argentina renewables auction, Colombia climate change law
To subscribe to NRDC's Latin America Green News click here.
The renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement—NAFTA—has been an international topic of discussion and conjecture for many months. That conversation will shift from speculation to substance when negotiators from Mexico, Canada and the U.S.