Mission NRDC works to safeguard the earth—its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends.
Take Action Toxic herbicides wreak havoc on monarch butterflies. Stop Dow's chemical assault.ACT NOW
Support Us Shell just got the green light to drill in the Arctic. Help us stop its disastrous plans.DONATE
- When did otters start using tools? Their ancient teeth may provide some answers.
- The U.N. issues its first resolution against illegal wildlife trade. #CecilTheLion
- Europe's offshore wind industry just broke its yearly power record—in just six months
- An air-quality report card says pollution is flunking our national parks out of summer school
I'm excited to tell you about NRDC's new resource book on President Obama's plan to cut the dangerous carbon pollution from our power plants. The book is called "Clean Power: The Case for Carbon Pollution Limits." It's an NRDC publication...Read More
Forty-five senators have just sent a letter to the nation's 50 governors with forward-thinking principles about what America's energy future could look like. These senators argue that national energy policies should spur investment in our energy infrastructure to provide all...Read More
- Poultry giant Foster Farms pledges to eliminate the use of antibiotics in its chicken
- The Interior Department releases a plan to save the greater sage grouse
- The Clean Water Rule will safeguard millions of miles of streams and wetlands
- Federal judge rules the government must do more to protect marine mammals from sonar
Climate change is the central environmental challenge of our generation. The Clean Power Plan -- the centerpiece of President Obama's climate action initiative -- promises to be the most important action the United States can take to combat climate change to avoid the worst impacts.