What's at Risk from Industry's Full-Scale Assault on the EPA and the Clean Air Act?
Make a promise to protect clean air.
Nearly 37 million children live in areas with unhealthy polluted air, and many pollution- associated illnesses have been on the rise. Yet polluters and their allies in Congress have been fighting efforts to reduce toxic industrial pollution and are trying to weaken existing clean air protections.
That's why NRDC has joined other public health, advocacy and environmental organizations in the "Clean Air Promise," a national campaign to protect the health of children and families across the country from dangerous air pollution. As part of this campaign, we will be asking elected officials, and later corporate and industry leaders, to promise to support clean air protections.
last revised 12/2/2010
Get Updates and Alerts
- Illinois 5th District Town Halls Show Support for Clean Energy Jobs
- posted by Hannah Girardeau, 5/15/15
- GOP's Budget Plan is Full of Giveaways to Big Polluters
- posted by Scott Slesinger, 3/17/15
- New poll: most scientists oppose increased fracking
- posted by Amy Mall, 2/6/15
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our air on the NRDC blog.
Recent Clean Air Act Posts
- Capito Bill Brings Out the Knives for the Clean Power Plan - Frightening Remake of Murder on the Orient Express
- posted by David Doniger, 5/14/15
- Want to Save Thousands of American Lives Each Year? Cut Power Plant Pollution
- posted by David Doniger, 5/4/15
- Oklahoma - First State to Choose a Federal Plan for Power Plant Carbon Pollution (Don't Worry, They'll be O.K.)
- posted by David Doniger, 4/30/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.