Ethanol: Energy Well Spent
A Survey of Studies Published Since 1990
America's oil dependence threatens our security, economy and environment. In the face of these concerns, ethanol is earning increasing attention as a cleaner, renewable and domestically produced alternative to fossil fuels for transportation. This February 2006 literature review of existing research on ethanol production is based on a detailed, fully annotated report published concurrently in the journal Environmental Science and Technology (see abstract) and commissioned jointly by NRDC and Climate Solutions.
OVERVIEW & QUICK REFERENCE
News article, ES&T website (2.8.06)
last revised 2/7/2006
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.