Fighting Oil Addiction: July 2008
Ranking States' Oil Vulnerability and Solutions for Change
The sharp rise in gas prices has been a reminder that America's addiction to oil continues to threaten our economic viability, our national security and global environmental health. To curb this perilous addiction, we need effective government policies that will increase the availability and use of efficient vehicles and clean fuels and that will promote smart growth and public transit. This July 2008 issue paper identifies the states that are most vulnerable to spikes in oil prices?and those states that are doing the most to break their addiction to oil.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Oil Vulnerability Rankings: Who Is Hardest-Hit?
Chapter 2: Breaking Our Addiction: Solutions to Oil Dependence
Chapter 3: Conclusion
last revised 7/18/2008
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.